22 October 2008

New Mix



Here's a new mix I made today. For the un-initiated, these are mash-ups (bootlegs, if you will). This means two or more songs "mashed" together to make a new song. Pretty neat, huh? It allows me to see (hear) the music in a new light.

The Music filled me up... Like my ears could breathe it in.

Something felt changed in me... I felt like I was part of something bigger.

I could taste magic and speak art... Hear the turn of the universe.

At least, this is what music means to me.

Wax Audio - Whole Lotta Sabbath
G3RSt – Take Off The Beginning
The Illuminoids – Should I Stay Or Wait For The Man
G3RSt – Smells Like Runnin’
The Illuminoids – Teenage Electric Lobotomy
G3RSt – A White Guy Is Playing At My House
The Illuminoids – Gimme Suffragette City Shelter
G3RSt – Pretender To Heaven
Voicedude – Turning Sukiyaki
G3RSt – Surrender All Your Lovin’
Pytski- We Will Rock With The Flow
G3RSt – Very Voodoo
The Illuminoids – God Save The Thief
G3RSt – The Ballad Of Chasey Pain
The Illuminoids – Pretend We’re North American Fun
G3RSt – E.C.D.T. Japan
The Illuminoids – Dead Mongoloid Loser
G3RSt – Bloom To Me
Leebuzz – Should I Go Around The World

"The making of a great compilation tape, like breaking up, is hard to do and takes ages longer than it might seem. You gotta kick off with a killer, to grab attention. Then you got to take it up a notch, but you don't wanna blow your wad, so then you got to cool it off a notch. There are a lot of rules. Now, the making of a good compilation tape is a very subtle art. Many do's and don'ts. First of all you're using someone else's poetry to express how you feel. This is a delicate thing. Anyway..."

~Rob Gordon (aka John Cusack - High Fidelity)

Ciao.

No comments: