02 October 2008

And..........The Fall





It's that time of year again. Falling leaves, falling temperatures, falling stock markets...What? You think I make this stuff up? Read any newspaper, watch any news channel; ask me, I'll tell 'ya.



It was once said (or sung) "The futures' so bright, I gotta wear shades...". They lied. The world's going to hell in a handbasket...well, actually it's moving at warp speed Mr Sulu!!! Towards the most obvious depression (obvious to me anyway) to hit this nation in quite some time. This used to be a nation of Innovators, Inventors and Leaders. Now...not so much. We have become a nation of "where's the next hand-out coming from". I have but one thing to say to people who want hand-outs....Get up off your arse and WORK for it!!! I will now get off my soapbox. Wouldn't want to sound too preachy, right?




On a much brighter note, I found this picture of our very own Columbus Blue Jacket, Captain Rick Nash...

It's for the Susan G. Komen Cancer Foundation. I'm not so sure that I could pull off wearing pink as well as he does, but, there you go.

And you thought that all hockey players did was fight. Do you feel properly chastised now?

Chelsea FC won again this past weekend. Go Blues!!!

The Columbus Crew is still on top of the MLS standings and are very close to winning the Supporters Shield for the season. Go Crew!!!

And, for now, I do believe that is all. Work, sleep, play if you have time.

Ciao.

No comments: