08 December 2008

Monday...again.


It's Monday...again. Two weeks (and a couple of days) till christmas. Sometimes I think that Ireally do need a strait-jacket. Not for the holidays, mind you. Just in general. Just kindding, of course!... or am I? (Hint ~ yes, I'm just kidding!).
Somehow, I feel a bit melancholy today. Listening to Tom Waits probably doesn't help matters much. But I have always really liked his music. There are no pretensions to his songs. He lays it bare, for all of us to see. And it's not always pleasant, but it is real. I'm sure, for some people, that the truths he sings about, they'd rather not acknowledge. He just seems to put a face on the reality of life.
Anyway, on to more pleasant things. The Kidz will be here on the 26th of December... Yea!!! Although they seem to be smarter than I ever was at their age. Oh well... that's good news for them. I can only hope they have an easier time going through life than I've had. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. I've got great kids, a great wife & a great family!!!
I'll be forty-one December 29th. I guess that means I've officially reached middle-age. Really, what are you gonna do? Keep on keepin' on.
Ciao.

No comments: